Java has established itself as a sole monopoly in the industry. It is a programming language that has had an uncontested dominance over the tech world for years. It continues to top all the charts of programming languages with respect to versatility, popularity, career scope, industry preference, strength, and ability to manage complex tasks. However, there is the possibility of something new and improved that tops the topper. Scala is a programming language that surpasses Java in many respects. It has been solving many primary issues that are a common occurrence for Java. It is very robust, just like Java, but with a superior capacity. Any aspirant answering a set of Scala interview questions will be familiar with the numerous advantages it offers over Java.
The Advantages of Adopting Scala for Projects
Faster Marketing Time
- An amateur developer that does not have any constraints like a market of costs guiding him/her through their application development may not understand the value of product deliveries on time.
- A seasoned, paid developer has to deliver the project on time. This is where Scala wins over Java. The OO codes that limit the developer’s capabilities while implementing his/her code does not apply. Scala also permits developers to bring functional paradigms. This helps them achieve the best of 2 worlds because they can perform functional coding paradigms along with the OO patterns.
- The end product of such work is a code with a minimum number of lines but with utmost expression and detail. This increments the speed of the application while testing and developing.
Deadlock Avoidance Options
- Any software developer dreads a deadlock problem. The null pointer exception or its variants are feared in the coding world.
- Although Scala doesn’t provide a complete relief from the deadlock situation, it does the next best thing. It provides a set of effective deadlock avoidance options. Any developer that develops a code in Scala experiences a remarkable decrease in the number of null pointer exceptions encountered while coding.
Better Coding Output
- Functional programming provides a gateway to application stability while disposing of any unintentional side-effects. Safety, stability, and security are experienced first-hand when the switch between mutable data-structures to functional aspects occurs.
- The developer can also predict a level of strength from his code without adding any explicit punctuation. The code consists of mixed capabilities and multiple inheritances which help the programmer detect and solve mistakes easily. The performance and security of the application increments due to the strong and clean code that powers it.
Third Party APIs have a Robust Reserve
- Functionalities are a fundamental part of any developer’s app. Today’s developers face two options- creating the function from scratch or accepting help from a third-party app.
- Any program architect has to make the vital choice between selecting a plug-in or building a function from the beginning.
- Scala offers a host of precious built-in functions that are very strong. This helps the programmer gain control over the program. The simple code helps in boosting the speed of the app.
Scala offers a host of better options than Java and it should become the first option for companies if it already isn’t!