If the plan is to start a home based cake business, then it can be an excellent decision made, especially in today’s modern age, where cakes are used for celebrating different types of occasions. As a matter of fact, cakes do occupy an important position in any form of celebration and hence, is termed to be an item that simply cannot be done away with or neglected. It is for this reason, those starting the cake business is sure to hold good stead and enjoy huge profits within a short span of time. But, they do require a good amount of culinary skills and expertise to make the cakes to sound and taste delicious.
Types of equipment required for the cake business
Getting into any kind of business is not that easy and does require proper thinking and planning, since lots of supplies and equipment will be required. There have emerged several entrepreneurs who have started their own online portal to help their clients to send cake to Chandigarh and other places with great ease.
There are required few equipment to start the business. Some of them are given below:
- Pans: They can be found in various sizes and shapes. The three basic types required is likely to include the character, versatile and circular shaped. Good quality pans are an absolute necessity to come up with tasty and delicious cakes.
- Heavy duty mixer: Mixers can be commonly found at all modern homes. Since the quantity will be more, it will be useful to buy those heavy duty ones.
- Sturdy turntables will be required for decoration purpose.
- Heavy duty, large cooling racks.
- Quality separators for preparing those multi-layered cakes.
- Camera for taking excellent pictures of the cakes to help future clients to see the work.
- Projector will be required by those who want to get serious with this business. It will help to intensify the designs which go with the specialty cakes. Although not a necessity, it can add that luxury quotient to those who desire it.
- Air brusher is not required initially. However, with growth of the business and development of cake decoration art, it will be wise to invest in them.
- Food colours for colouring purpose.
- Spatulas and bowls for mixing
- Oven to bake the cakes
- Icing bags, icing cubes and accessories
- Mats, non-stick boards and rolling pins
- Dummy cakes
- Painting brushes to decorate the cake business.
- Cake levellers and knives
- Books giving details and tips on cake decoration and business.
- It will be wise to invest on flower making accessories to add some style to the cakes.
- Several web resources like forums or sites to talk to the other cakes decorators, to ask questions and to share knowledge with clients.
Those eager to start this business from scratch can find the equipment mentioned above to be of great use. Others can simply check out the leading online gift sites to send cakes to Pinjore or other places.